Live Preview & Source Context
With Déjà Vu X3’s new Live Preview, you can follow your translation progress within Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint files in real time.
You do not even need to have Office installed!
New and Exclusive to Déjà Vu is the multi-file Preview!
Imagine working on a multi-file project with dozens or hundreds of files in different folders and subfolders. The Live Preview and Source Context will make sure you keep control over your source and target files.
For non-Office file formats, the Preview window shows the source context of your segment, extremely useful for localization project and IT related formats where important information on your file is displayed directly in Déjà Vu.
- Apply formatting of your text directly through the ribbon or shortcut keys which are consistent with those of Microsoft Office.
- Inline formatting also contributes to a considerable decrease in tags within the translation grid.
Déjà Vu X3’s built-in spell checker, Hunspell, highlights spelling mistakes for you. Right-click on the underlined word and choose the appropriate solution from the available suggestions.
A total of 35 different dictionaries are at your disposal. Your language is not included? Simply add your own or download available dictionaries to include them to your proofing options.
- The revolutionary data mining and translation engine at the heart of Déjà Vu X3 Professional, DeepMiner extracts much more information from your terminology and translation memory databases than any other solution and uses it to greater effect. That’s because it doesn’t just use the individual terms and sentences in your databases, but also carries out sophisticated cross-analyses of those databases on the fly to “mine” translations of the building block words and phrase segments embedded in them. It then uses conventional fuzzy matches and/or these “mined” terms and phrases to create fuzzy match repairs, forming improved translations.
- An integrated core feature of the SmartView interface in Déjà Vu X3 Professional, AutoWrite is an interactive predictive translation system that harnesses the power of DeepMiner to bring you enhanced productivity, even for texts with few or no database segment matches. AutoWrite works with you as you translate, automatically proposing a series of terms, phrases and sentences that are mined from your databases and interactively assembled for you to select with one click as you type. And unlike legacy technology, AutoWrite works directly with your existing databases, so there’s no need to prepare special dictionaries. Just click and go!
Create multiple file projects
- Déjà Vu X3 Professional can handle a high number of files within each project (until 2GB), allowing you to perform a range of operations on every file at once, from Pretranslation and Search & Replace to batch Quality Control checks.
Create multiple format projects
- Déjà Vu X3 Professional uses a clear single interface to handle all the many different file types supported from Office to FrameMaker, including HTML, XML, InDesign and many more. Whenever you require, Déjà Vu X3 exports your translations automatically, preserving the original structure and formatting.
- You no longer need to worry about multiple matches in translation memories. Déjà Vu X3 Professional takes the context of each segment into account to select the most appropriate match.
Multilingual projects and multilingual databases
- Déjà Vu X3 Professional can handle two different languages simultaneously in one single project, but you can work with any language combination. Déjà Vu X3 Professional will reuse and bring together the information from multilingual databases in any combination of source and target languages.
- Build glossaries based on the projects you translate, or incorporate the terminology you have been given by your customers. This unique, highly-flexible feature of Déjà Vu X3 offers a wide range of possibilities, from temporary glossaries of terms that still need to be verified to powerful integration through DeepMiner with AutoWrite, Assemble or AutoAssemble.
- Déjà Vu X3 Professional offers translators and their customers all the benefits of Atril’s Intelligent Quality technology. Assemble technology feeds the interface with more complete and more appropriate terminology and translation memory information than any other product on the market. Split/Joint sentence not only offers unlimited restructuring of translation sentences and paragraphs for the most effective stylistic solutions, but combines with DeepMiner and Assemble or AutoWrite, enabling even complex solutions to be reused effortlessly. Filter provides full cross-checking of terms and phrases across all project files. So translators and editors can make fully-informed and considered choices faster and more intuitively than with any other CAT system. AutoSearch harnesses the full power of DeepMiner to display not just every relevant matching sentence, but similar phrases and segments, too, providing unrivalled creative as well as terminological support. Completing the picture, External View in RTF enables off-screen checking as well as allowing you to call on the checking and editing services of experts who don’t use CAT tools.
- a fully-customisable, tabbed-window interface that puts everything within easy reach and shows what you want at a glance while simultaneously reducing screen clutter. Extensive streamlined wizards make it easier than ever to create projects and databases, while project templates allow you to save any project configuration for easy reuse. Simply choose the appropriate saved template and select all your project files to create a new project all in one go!
- Automatically check the consistency of terminology in your projects and ensure the correct use of formatting, numbers and figures.
- Compatibility with other CAT tools is ensured with the External View in RTF and XLIFF. Also, Déjà Vu X2 and Déjà Vu X3 are fully compatible between each other without requiring any conversion of projects and databases.
Powerful batch maintenance of project and database quality
- Structured Query Language SQL Select and Execute commands enable swift yet sophisticated project quality management and database maintenance. The SmartView interface makes it easier than ever to generate these commands and Quality Assurance rules and to save them for future reuse.
- Multi-file and multi-format alignment in one alignment project makes your databases creation quick and easy.